Friday, September 12, 2008

Trip to the Royal Pavilion... sort of



My presentation on Tuesday morning went really well! And now it's Friday, the stress of the week is over… kind of. I mean, I'm free from having to turn anything in til Tuesday and therefore have a long weekend but, of course, our program's trying to pack as much in as possible.

Tonight is the Ghost Hunt Tour, which ends at 10PM, and tomorrow is Bath and Stone Henge, which starts at 7AM and is a 13-hour trip. I then have all of Sunday to myself, when I ought to do most of my week's reading because of the busy schedule and I really should go buy some fresh produce since I've been mainly subsisting on cereal, granola bars, and cereal bars.

I sold my tickets for Monday's performance of A Midsummer's Night Dream at the Globe Theatre because we were to leave a 3PM and not return til Midnight, but as I've a paper due at 9AM I thought I better cancel that one, especially considering we have a field trip that day, too, to Ashdown Forest, the real-life Hundred Acre Woods that A.A. Milne drew his inspiration from for Winnie the Pooh, followed by a mandatory film night so that we can watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Missing the performance isn't that bad, though… I had been hoping to catch the French play, Liberté, there instead since the company won't be putting on any of Shakespeare's tragedies while I'm here, all of which I much prefer to his comedies and the lighter viewings they're offering this season.

Today after class was spent taking the bus into downtown, looking at the outside of the Royal Pavilion while we waited for some friends to show up, and then deciding to instead get lunch rather than tour the place. I guess it seems silly, but we were starving, and we found a good Indian food place down the street. I really liked the curried vegetables they had, their naan was fresh and soft, and their aloo pakora was amazing, I know Mom would have loved the last bit… I guess I'll have to convince her to try it at home!

Anyways, that's all that I've been up to lately: school, school work, reading for school, and then being relieved it's the weekend and knowing school can't possibly ask to meet on a Saturday or Sunday.



I should get ready for the Ghost Hunt, now, anyhow. I'll check in with loads of pictures in a few days… if the ghosts don't get me first. ;)

1 comment:

Mel said...

Bath was my absolute favorite stop when we went to England! That's really neat, though, about the real 100-Acre Woods -- I didn't know it was based on a real place!! I am glad you are going to have fun, still, while getting your stuff done. :)